Looking for a restaurant that provides salsa sauce in Jakarta is not difficult. There are some good Mexican restaurants in the city. However, I always love to make one at home. It is tasty and super easy! Nothing beats the homemade and fresh salsa sauce, right?
I got the recipe from a friend of mine and I’ve been addicted to it since the first time I try. It tastes the combination of sweet and sour, with the fragrance of fresh coriander leaves that will blow your senses. Perfect for any time, breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even snack!
- Fresh coriander leaves, diced
- Fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- Shallots, chopped
- Onions, chopped
- Lemon zest
- Sesame oil
- A dash of mint leaves
- Chili padi (if you want it to be spicy), diced
- Mix the diced coriander leaves, tomatoes, shallots, and onions in a bowl
- Add 2-3 tbsp of lemon zest
- Add 1 tbsp of honey
- Pour just a little bit of sesame oil
- Add the mint leaves
- Mix all of the ingredients together
I don’t really pay attention to the proportion of the ingredients, because actually it depends on the preference.
PS: Mind the tortilla, it was homemade but it was not properly made; hence I don’t share the recipe. 😛